Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Stress Management - (for now)

The path we all follow can often times can feel overwhelming.  There are always a million things going on for you and everyone around you.  For example, right now, I have grad school classes two nights a week, work full time, have a dog to take care of, try to work out approx 5 -6 days/ week, and still attempt to have somewhat of a social life.  I guess my life is a little of balance now and will probably try my entire list below tonight in between studying for my midterm on Tuesday next week.

As I get older I have come to realize not all of those things can take 100% of my attention all the time and something usually has to give. I find there are a few really good ways of reorganizing my time and getting zen:

1. YOGA - the devotion of the practice to you helps you get centered and grounded.  It allows you to breathe deeply into your muscles and relax.  It is also a great time to think and re align not just your body, but your mind
2. Tea - take a minute to pause and drink some tea.  Tea is calming and tastes yummy.
3. Vegg Out pre-sleep/ take a bubble bath - do not think about anything, let your mind chill and you will be ready to start a new day when you wake up the next morning.
4. Meditate - in the ancient traditions of our ancestors - OM.  but seriously, however works for you, be reflective and honest with yourself and you can find some clarity from thought.
5. Talk to a Parent/loved one - when all else fails, and they will be an open ear to listen and sometimes that's all you need.

If you read the above and think you might have some better suggestions than what I came up with, then what works best for you?  Let me know, I am willing to try as an experiment and up for a challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment