Monday, February 20, 2012

Chocolate hangover

Apparently this post never got posted after Valentines Day by accident - but I suppose better posted late than never???

Above is the overabundance of amazing chocolate that my boyfriend was generous enough to get for me.  Although you cant really see it well here, there is a lot.  We put it in plastic ziplock baggies to keep it fresh and then after I am done over indulging today, he will hide it where I cannot find. reach it to ration me as needed.

If you are like me then your favorite thing about valentines day is the chocolate. Chocolate seems to be in abundance on this day, people in your office are getting it, people in your classes have it, and Facebook even has pictures of it. Go on - eat the chocolate, there is nothing wrong with indulging today.  Chocolate is a great thing actually every day. 

Chocolate even has some health benefits.  Dark chocolate is said to have antioxidants and when eaten in moderation may contribute to helping you lower you blood pressure.  If it makes you happy it can be a great addition to your diet, just know to eat it normally in moderation.

Many people say an apple a day keeps the doctor away, well I say some chocolate a day keeps the doctor away.  Enjoy the chocolate, just don't over do it! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment