Monday, February 6, 2012

BIA - Back In Action


Welcome back - for me.  I am sorry that I missed a week of posts; not having a phone was very detrimental to blogging when I like to add my own pictures. 
Some of the things I missed over the week that I was able to chronicle (thanks to my boyfriend’s phone) are below: 
Greek Deli Lentil Soup – This is a great filling and healthy lunch, especially if you are a vegetarian.  The lentil soup has an abundance of carrots, celery, and lentils.  Lentils have a lot of protein and thus are very filling.  The best part is when you eat their delicious bread you don’t even feel bad because all you had was a healthy soup to accompany it.

Salad Bar at Whole Foods – I use a base of mixed greens and add cauliflower, peppers, beet salad, grilled tofu, cucumbers, pesto pasta salad, bean sprouts, and croutons.  Their croutons are handmade, crunchy and just the perfect addition to any salad.  I also us a little balsamic vinaigrette.

Finally, my boyfriend grilled me dinner one night.  We are fortunate enough that our building keeps our grills sparked year round.  He and I bought some garlic and pepper marinated steak, roasted pork tenderloin and lots of veggies that my boyfriend marinated himself on olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano, and basil. He put the veggies in a big ziplock bag to shake and get the flavor on all of them.   Veggies included asparagus, zucchini, squash, and a yellow pepper.  Grilling meats is one of the healthiest and best ways to prepare it.  The grilling seals in the flavor and lets any extra fat drip of, plus it just tastes delicious!!   My boyfriend also paired this feast with a homemade balsamic reduction for the perfect dipping sauce. 
Be sure to check out my dog begging for scraps in the bottom left corner - isn't she a cutie?

My workouts over a typical week (as in last week) look like this:
Monday: 40 min stair master and some reps doing a circuit lifting routine previously explained  on Day 1: Monday blog
Tuesday: 6:30AM 6 mile run
Wednesday: yoga if I can wake up in the morning or rest day
Thursday: 6:30AM 6 mile run
Friday: repeat of Monday
Saturday: long run with friends – distance varies
Sunday: rest and let my body recover
I will resume regular blogging tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment