Thursday, March 1, 2012

Refresh, Reset, Reboot…


When all else fails, laughter is the fuel for the soul.  As follow on to yesterday’s somber and serious post about stress relief, I wanted to let you know how my experience went and be a little more playful today.  I am having some personal stress right now and I definitely took my own suggestions to get through the tough parts.  I took a yoga class, drank some tea, spoke to my parents, and vegged-out before bed.  Those things definitely helped clear my mind and be ready for the next day.  Yoga is such a great form of exercise to help you get zen and remove all the toxins and stress that builds up in your body.  The teachers always seem to know what is bothering you that day and just what poses to perform to help you “wring-out” the bad stuff.

I woke up this morning a little more clear and received a lot of love from all my friends. I have great friends and realized in a time in need how amazing each and every one of them is.  Thank you all again to all you that might be reading this. 

For lunch today, I finally had a bit of an appetite back; I went to the Lincoln on Vermont Ave with a co-worker.  If you have never eaten there and you like southern flair food – you should try it.  They have some super yummy and fresh and healthy salads as well as some staple guilty pleasures like mac and cheese and hush puppies.  The portions aren’t too big so there’s no fear of over indulging either.  See my chopped salad with chicken below:

My lunch was also like a therapy session and helped me get a lot of clarity.  I love that you have those people you can connect with and just be talk about anything without fear of judgment.  I was really honest with this person and myself and made me realize quite a few things, now I bet all you nosey nosey people want to know what this is about, but that’s not really the point.  The point is we talked, laughed and got into really good spirits.  In fact, we laughed so much that I am seriously still riding the high at 4PM at my desk from it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment