Friday, January 27, 2012

Day 4: Thursday

Pre-run snack again a few spoonfuls of cottage cheese
6:30AM: 6 mile run around the mall with my 2 girl friends.  We actually ran our fastest consistent pace per mile ever.

Breakfast: green pepper, onion and mozzarella omelet and a slice of toast.  Another tip for really good omlets - cover your pan with a lid and will help the egg cook more evenly, seal in some of the moisture and maintain the fluffy-ness and crisps it up nice on the bottom.

Lunch: Salad with sliced roast turkey = yum.  cafe Phillips are all over DC business areas for lunch.  They roast turkeys, hams and other meats daily for fresh sliced meat to order.  It is all white meat which I like best as well. You can customize your salad to have whatever you want in it.  I also has some pretzel crisps on the side and a peanut butter dove chocolate.

Dinner:  Precooked/ prepacked chicken sausage from Whole Foods chopped and sauteed.  Green and Red Peppers and Onions sauteed in another pan.  Mix together after cooking and presto = healthy yummy dinner.  I like to cook them separately because they a different amount of time to cook and my boyfriend and I tend to like them on the crispier side, but you can monitor the cooking best this way.  I do not season the sausage, but I do season the peppers and onions with garlic powder, oregano, salt/ pepper, and a dash of crushed red pepper flakes.  I use no oil for the sausage, but I mix Pam and olive oil to cook the veggies in. *
*Note: I forgot to take a picture tonight, but above looks like how I cut them, but I usually make it a bit crispier.

Dessert: fudgecicle and 2 mini kit kats





No comments:

Post a Comment