Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 1: Monday

Here is the first day of back to basics:

Breakfast: (split with my boyfriend) 4 egg - well 1 egg and equivalent of 3 eggs in eggbeaters omelet with chopped green peppers, onions and mozzarella cheese. One slice of toast for me and two for him.  Yes I use a little butter in my omelet to cook the veggies, but not much and then cooking spray before I add the egg (which I add a small amount of skim milk to)  and finally motzarella cheese. Then, learn the mantra --> seasoning is your friend.  I add some salt, black pepper, dried chives for seasoning.  This result is above. Also, my vice - I drink coffee, but I try to brew it myself so Im not dishing out $3 every day at Starbucks.

Lunch:  Veggie and Hummus rap on sun dried tomato wrap from deli in my building with a 100 calorie popcorn.  I always need a snack with my lunch.  I may have also had a dove chocolate with peanut butter in there.

Snack: 10 tortilla chips and some reduced fat guacamole from Whole Foods --> really good low fat/ cal guac!

Workout: 30 min on the stair mill - the one that rotates and you actually have to climb.  Run : 10 min.  abs 50 different crunches 10 on medicine ball and 2-60 sec planks. Then 30 second planks on each side.  bicep curls 12lbs alternating arms 10 on each arm and repeat. girly clean and jerk.  flys - 10lbs rep of 10. front lift and side lift - 10lbs rep of 10. tri kickbacks on the bench - 1 arm at a time 10lbs rep of 10. free weight bench press 10lbs rep of 10.

Dinner: Chicken breast in a skillet with asparagus in the pan.  NO BUTTER.  I use a little olive oil for each and then mix it with cooking spray.  For the asparagus: salt/pepper, onions, garlic powder, dried chives.  For the chicken: cajun seasoning/ paprika/cumin, salt/pepper, onions, garlic powder, and oregano.  put in fry pan and cover with lid (helps keep chicken moist).  flip the chicken - make sure its cooked through and put a small bit of mozzarella cheese on top cover and in about 30 seconds, presto - dinner.

Dessert: because I need a little chocolate in everyday of my life - 3 tiny kit kat bars, 3 chocolate covered almonds, and a 40 cal small fudgecicle.

Good Night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment