Monday, July 2, 2012

Cooldown De-Lite

Oh my goodness - after these past few oppressive days in the district between the storms, heat, and stiff air I think we all deserve a treat.  Many people's go to as a summer time treat is ice cream, or the new fad on every block, fro-yo. However, for some, like my roommate, who recently found out that she can no longer eat dairy this was a totally downer so we googled how do I get my ice cream fix on dairy and soy free?


We found the answer - coconut milk ice cream.  There is no soy or dairy in it so if you have any of those allergies or sensitivities- you cant eat this stuff and still get your ice cream fix! Be prepared however, that you must like the under taste (and yes I think I just made that expression up - but it works and you will know exactly what I mean by it when you try your first bite) of coconut because you can't escape it even in the chocolate version as seen below, but I promise it's still pretty yummy:



Oh and I forgot to mention the best part - how this is a complete non-guilty pleasure.  One serving boasts only 100 calories and there are 4 servings in the carton.  Not only is this great treat lo-cal, it also provides some other perks - like iron, so if you are vegan this could be a great treat for you as well as a source of iron. 


Hope you all are safe and cool after this past weekend.  Don't forget to keep hydrated and drink your water as well <-- says the fitfunfact mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment