Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pinterest Inspired, FitGirl Approved


A rainy Sunday combined with my newfound obsession of Pinterest pins of health, fitness, food, fashion, etc. inspirations led me to put my fascination into action.  Although I have had a pinterest account for a while, only recently have I been using it for some real inspiration.  I guess I got bored with the mundane food regiment I have become accustomed to and since I had the time today, I pinned a few others to try this week as well.

I selected a rather easy inspiration for my first attempt; roasted parmesan zucchini.  These are delicious and nutritious.  They are super easy (as promised by the creator) and would make a great side to any protein dish.  I made some slight improvisations in the recipe- per my taste, but that’s the fun of cooking – putting your own flair on the foods that inspire you. 

This recipe (my improvised one below) gets the fitgirl stamp of approval and will be made again – thank you Pinterest and rainy Sunday!

Ingredients:
Zucchini
cooking oil spray
salt/ pepper
garlic powder
basil/ oregano
whole foods 3 cheese grated blend
Directions:
put oven to 400 degrees – cooking time approx. 15 min or until cheese crisps
spray pan with cooking oil spray
Slice zucchini and place into large ziploc bag with more spray oil and all the spices & shake, shake, shake
place zucchini on baking sheet and sprinkle top with some of the grated cheese and voila

Bon Appetite!!

No comments:

Post a Comment